Wednesday 19 March 2014

Torn and distressed


Hello Peeps

This is a card I did with my stamping group last Saturday in our monthly workshop.

 
 
So above you can see the finished card. My thanks goes to Tracy Evens who was the original inspiration for her design in the making cards magazine.
 
 
 
So you will need
 
Archival ink pad Potting Soil
Collage Stamp I used Clarity Stamps Paris Collage
Script stamp
Distress inks in Antique linen, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stamp
Water Mister
Metal ruler
300gsm card stock cut to the appropriate size for your stamp.
Another piece of card A5 3cm trimmed form one long side and one short side.
ink blending mat.
A5 cream card blank
Dark Brown card for matting and layering.
 
To make the card:
 
 

So above you can see that I have my ink pad ready and my stamp. So go ahead and ink up your stamp.

 
I have now stamped my image and have left room all around to tear the edges with my ruler.
 
 

So I have lined my ruler up covering the image and no am ready to tear.
 
So now you can go ahead and tear the card. Do this to all 4 sides. Its worth mentioning here I have used a good quality card stock as I want a reasonably good torn edge.
 
Next either die cut or punch out two shapes really doesn't matter what they are. In my example above I have die cut from the Spellbinders Nestabilities hearts. Notice also that they are two different sizes. Re-ink the stamp with the potting soil ink pad.
 
Now place the one of the heart shapes over the area of the stamp that you would like to highlight, here I'm doing the dragonfly. Once in place gently rub over with your thumb or finger so the card makes a good contact with the stamp. Try not to move the card.!!!
 
Repeat with the other shape. So re-ink and place your 2nd shape over the image again  pressing gently with your thumb or finger and making sure the whole of the card makes contact with the image.
 
So now you can see I have three stamped images one whole image and two smaller stamped images, Put all these to one side.
 
No for the main background. Here I have assembled my card, stamp, and ink pad. Notice I have not mounted my stamp on to a block. Ink up the stamp.
 
What you need to now is kind of roll the stamp across the card, yes you will get bits that are missing and all sorts of vague images , this is what we want, we are not aiming for a clear image in fact quite the opposite.
 















So as you can see from above I have stamped the image several times and have even got inks from the side of the stamp. So really quite random here is the key here.



 So what we need to do now is give the edges of our background a worn look so to do this scrape a pair of scissors along the edge of the card. Do this to all four sides.
 
So abeve you can see a close up of one of the sides and the worn look it got.
 Retrieve your three earlier stamped pieces and start applying Antique Linen to the images. You are aiming for a nice even coverage here.do the hearts and script background as well while you have the ink out. 
 
Repeat the process with Walnut stain but don't go quite so far in. Do this for the heart shapes and Paris collage , BUT NOT script background. Leave these pieces to one side.
 
 
Lastly get your main background and with your water mister spray on to your hands and dribble the drops of water on to  the card. Leave it for a few seconds and remove excess water with a paper kitchen towel.  Matt this on to dark brown card and attach to a blank A5 card blank.
Attach main image and then add the hearts.
 
 
 
 
 Job Done
 
Enjoy.
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment